Tuesday, October 20, 2020

HOME



INKTOBER?  WHAT IS THAT? 

Inktober is an annual 31-day drawing challenge, during the month of October, to complete one ink drawing a day. It was conceived in 2009 by Mr. Jake Parker, an illustrator and cartoonist on children’s books and comics. It was initially a challenge to himself for the purpose of improving his own inking skills. It has since grown in popularity among artists and drawing enthusiasts worldwide, with drawings posted on social media, accompanied by the hashtags #Inktober and #Inktober2023 (or whatever is the current year).  You can find more information about Inktober at  https://inktober.com/.        


I'm Dave Merriam (Papa D to my grandkids).  I've been drawing and painting since the late 1990s.  My usual drawing media are charcoal pencil and graphite pencil.  These are much more forgiving than ink. They allow for easy changes.  I am relatively new to ink drawing, and it is indeed a challenge, since I have to learn to accept whatever ink marks I put on paper -- they can't be changed.  So the annual Inktober challenge is a great learning experience, and I look forward to creating better drawings as time goes on.  I'm having fun!  

I first took the challenge in 2019.  You're invited to take a look at the work I have done so far.  


DRAWING GALLERY







VISIT MY OTHER BLOGS

1. Here is a collection of simple drawings that I have done, along with some of my best works that have been on display in various gallery shows.     
Papa D's 642 Things to Draw  http://papads642thingstodraw.blogspot.com/

2. This is my summer art camp with my 5 grandkids.   
Papa D's Art Camp  




No comments:

Post a Comment

HOME

INKTOBER?  WHAT IS THAT?  Inktober is an annual 31-day drawing challenge, during the month of October, to complete one ink drawing a day. It...